Harry Nozicka is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a Master’s Degree from Loyola University’s Graduate School of Social Work in Chicago, Illinois. With over 30 years of clinical experience in a variety of settings, Mr. Nozicka is prepared to offer you a wide range of counseling and psychotherapy modalities geared toward your specific needs and your personal “style” of processing information and solving problems.
Harry’s sensitivity and maturity makes his services unique for those looking for an advanced practitioner that really knows how to help. His experience comes from settings including psychosomatic medicine at Lutheran General Hospital (now Advocate Health Systems), in Park Ridge, IL., Director of Social Work Services at Victory Hospital in Waukegan, IL., Inpatient Coordinator at Grant Hospital’s Alcoholism Treatment Program in Chicago, IL., and thirteen years as a social worker in School District 21 in Wheeling, Illinois. In addition, he served as the Employee and Family Assistance consultant for Highland Park School District 113 in Highland Park/Deerfield, IL for 25 years.
Harry Nozicka has been in private practice since 1976. He has been providing individual and marital therapy to people throughout the Chicagoland area and suburbs. He uses modalities such as Insight Oriented and Solution Focused psychotherapy, Hypnosis, EMDR, Imago Relationship Therapy.
His experience has spanned the field of social work including psychosocial and clinical services to medical patients, consultation to medical staff, direct services to school aged clients and consultation to teaching staff. He has provided direct services to employees of educational organizations in need of psychological services, direct services to people dealing with addictions, community education, supervisory training for administrators in dealing with employee crisis, and debriefing of critical incidence in a variety of settings.
Additional Training And Certification
- CERTIFIED BRAINSPOTTING THERAPIST by David Grand, Ph.D., Developer of Brainspotting
- Imago Relationship Therapy: trained by the founder and author of the bestselling books, Harville Hendrix, PhD.
- Neuro-linguistics Certification (NLP)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) approved by the founder Francine Shapiro, PhD-Certified
- Hypnotherapist with specialized training, including pain management, weight management, smoking cessation, stress reduction, and cancer recovery
- Appointed to the Fellowship Program of the renowned Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis for the year 2003-2004 under the direction of psychoanalyst and psychiatrist, Herbert Cibul, MD.
- Two year internship at Grant Hospital’s Alcoholism Treatment Program in Chicago, IL.
- Academy of Clinical Social Workers
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis-Certified
- EMDR International Association-Certified
- National Association of Social Workers
Also visit the Nozicka Center for Hypnosis & Psychotherapy. Harry and Lynne Nozicka are now joining together to form the Nozicka Center for Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, with main offices in downtown Highland Park.